The Menomonee Vally 2.0 Plan is part of a citywide comprehensive planning process that began in 1999 in response to State of Wisconsin “Smart Growth” legislation. The plan is an update to the original Menomonee Valley Plan which was completed in 1998, just prior to the comprehensive area plan process.
The Menomonee Valley 2.0 Plan contains a series of recommendations that fall into five major initiative areas:
1. Creating an East Valley Gateway Food and Beverage Cluster
2. Establishing a St. Paul Avenue Design Showroom District
3. Preserving the Bruce and Pierce Industrial District
4. Improving the Gateway to the Menomonee Valley from I-94
5. Better Connecting the Valley